Handling COVID-19 ~ FPAC
Monday, March 16, 2020
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has issued new guidelines for the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak advising us to cancel or postpone any gatherings with 50 or more people for the next eight weeks.
The safety and health of fans, employees, artist, & crew is our number one priority.
All ticket buyers will be notified by email and updates will be posted on our website and Facebook. Refunds will be issued for any canceled performance. Tickets will be honored for all rescheduled performance dates.
Thursday, March 12, 2020
The Firehouse Performing Arts Center (FPAC), the non-profit arts organization that operates The Hook & Ladder Theater and Mission Room in South Minneapolis, Board of Directors wants to share with concerned artists and guests how we are dealing with the threat of CoVid19.
While The Hook & Ladder Theater is a smaller performing arts venue (holding under 300 guests) and we have yet to have any scheduled performances cancel, we are taking this situation very seriously. We remain committed to our Mission of serving MN artists, but the health and safety of artists, guests, volunteers and team members remains our top priority.
In addition to the steps we can each personally take to stay healthy, we have implemented the following procedures to ensure safety:
- FPAC continues to monitor local, regional and national developments with the spread of the CoVid19 virus.
- FPAC is following the Minnesota Depart of Health & CDC’s recommended best practices for reducing the spread of illness.
- FPAC is using chemical disinfectants/sanitizers and conducting surface & deep-cleanings before, after and during all scheduled performances. *Including; Doors, Restrooms, Chairs, Tables, Box Office, & Bar
- FPAC is providing sanitation stations throughout the facility for artists/guests
- FPAC continues to exclusively use single-use (recyclable cans & compostable ware) for beverage service.
The Firehouse Performing Arts Center is also urging anyone who is feeling even remotely sick to please stay home. For those ticket buyers whom are vulnerable and choose not to attend, tickets will not be refunded but they are invited to select one of the two options outlined below.
1. Exchange: You may exchange your tickets for a different performance within the 2020 season. *Some limitations may apply, some additional charges may apply if exchanging for a higher-priced ticket.
2. Artist Support: You may also simply leave your tickets as is and enjoy a tax-deductible contribution to the Firehouse Performing Arts Center so that we can continue to provide financial support to the scheduled performing artists.
*3. Cancelation: In the event of an artist or Hook & Ladder cancellation/postponement, all ticket buyers will be notified by email and updates will be posted on our website. *Refunds will be offered for any canceled shows.